A good rule of thumb for pricing is to begin at 50% of the original purchase price, and adjust up or down based on quality and presentation.
- Price all of your items in whole dollar increments.
- Try to separate your personal and sentimental thoughts about an item from the resale value.
- The more competitive the price, the more likely it will sell!
- Presentation is everything! Please take the time to freshly launder and iron your clothing items. It makes a difference!
- Combine items if the $2 minimum item price would be too high
Suggested Pricing Guidelines
- Clothing needs to be in great condition and priced to sell! We highly suggest that you mark all your clothing to be included in the half-price sale.
- Infant and Toddler Play Clothes - $2.00 to $7.00
- Infant and Toddler Dress Clothes - $8.00 to $15.00
- Older Kids Clothing - $5.00 to $15.00
- Shoes need to be in excellent condition to bring top dollar. If you can, throw them in the washer or use wipes to clean them up.
- Infant and Toddler Sizes - $2.00 to $5.00
- Older Kids Sizes - $7.00 to $10.00
- Swings, Bouncer Seats, Strollers, Car Seats, Etc. Since there is such a wide variety of pricing when purchasing these new, we can't suggest any specific pricing. Start at 50% of what you paid and adjust up or down from there, based on the condition. If you aren't sure what it costs new, do a quick search on Amazon for current pricing. Spend some time cleaning these items up and they will sell!
- Monitors - $5.00 to $10.00
- Cribs and Changing Tables - $25.00 to $75.00
- Crib Mattresses - $10.00 to $15.00
- Crib Bedding - $10.00 to $20.00 - This is a hard category to sell so price it well!
- Blankets and Sheets - $2.00 to $5.00
- Small Room Decor Items - $3.00 to $7.00
- Hats, Bows, Belts or Other Accessories - $2.00 to $5.00
- Cloth Diapers and Covers - $5.00 to $10.00
- Bicycles - $10.00 to $15.00
- Small Riding Toys - $7.00 to $12.00
- Books and Board Games - $2.00 to $5.00 - A good tip for books is group 2 or 3 similar ones together in a plastic bag with one great price.
- DVD's - $3.00 to $7.00
- Video Games - $5.00 to $10.00
- Toys are another category that have such a wide variety of pricing. We suggest pricing toys at 30% to 40% of their original price because we usually have so many. If you price them a little high, make sure you mark them for discount on Sunday.